Kevin Spacey to Plead Not Guilty to Sexual Assault Charge

Sheila Mcguire
January 1, 2019

Scotland Yard is looking into several allegations against Spacey during his tenure as the Creative Director of the Old Vic theatre in London while prosecutors in Nantucket, Massachusetts, have charged the actor with indecent assault and battery for allegedly groping an 18-year-old busboy in July 2016.

But, according to news reports, Spacey was photographed in public twice this weekend, once with his face partially obscured as he got into a vehicle. According to a court filing obtained by CBS News, Spacey also indicated he would plead not guilty.

Emails seeking comment on the judge's ruling were sent to Spacey's attorneys and the district attorney's office handling the case.

Liverpool thrash Arsenal 5-1 in English Premier League
But you look at all the dopey points they dropped last year, this was always going to be a year they could do it. I would love to be in your situation, still earn the money I earn, but be in your situation.

The allegations were first brought in November 2017, when former Boston TV anchor Heather Unruh told reporters Mr Spacey groped her teenage son during a chance encounter in the crowded bar of a Nantucket restaurant.

"The defendant's attendance at the arraignment will only serve to heighten prejudicial media interest in the case and will increase the risk of contamination of the pool of jurors available for the trial", wrote attorney Juliane Balliro.

It was claimed the alleged victim told others of the incident at the time, but reportedly cited his embarrassment having been "sexually assaulted by a famous person".

Inter To Play Two Matches Behind Closed Doors
If it continues, the referee can suspend the match, request another announcement and wait for the chanting to stop. Four Napoli fans were also stabbed in violent clashes ahead of the game, said Repubblica.

The case against Spacey was revealed earlier this month, the same day that he tweeted out a weird video of himself as his character Frank Underwood, from the Netflix series House of Cards.

Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp came forward a year ago with allegations the Netflix star made unwanted sexual advances against him as a teenager.

Mulvaney: Pelosi stalling shutdown talks over House speaker bid
Trump's demand for roughly $5 billion for border security including a wall or barrier led to the partial government shutdown , now in its seventh day.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER